Drawing upon the history and vision of The Ohio State University College of Medicine and the strengths of our academic medical center, the Psychiatry Residency Program is dedicated to the professional development of each resident. Throughout their training, residents progress through a series of clinical rotations; receive individual supervision and mentoring; and participate in a formal, core competency based didactic curriculum. The goals of these experiences are to develop clinical expertise, formal knowledge, critical thinking, professional integrity and leadership and communication skills.
Our psychiatry program utilizes a true biopsychosocial, multidisciplinary model and is sincerely dedicated to your education and the provision of outstanding care for our patients. A strong balance exists between all aspects of the residency, including psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacologic treatment approaches to patient care, and our commitment to having residents achieve personal well-being and establishing professional identity and growth during their training.
Upon completion of the program, residents are confidently and completely able to practice in virtually any clinical, academic, or community setting. We are extremely proud of our tradition of providing outstanding education to generations of psychiatrists practicing throughout the world. Recent accomplishments of our residents include:
- Consistently high board (ABPN) passage rates
- AACAP Educational Outreach Award
- Presentations at national meetings, including the APA Annual Meeting
- First authorship in peer-reviewed psychiatric journals
- APA/Shire Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Award
- Co and sub investigators of various clinical trials
- Acceptance at various fellowship programs nationwide in the areas of addiction, child & adolescent, college mental health, forensic and psychosomatic medicine
We hope that you will consider joining us for residency as we continue to maintain our commitment to educational excellence. Our mission is as follows:
- To provide exemplary education to the next generation of psychiatrists.
- To prepare residents to be excellent clinicians, educators, and leaders in a diverse array of settings.
- To provide a supportive learning environment during residency and one that fosters lifelong professional growth.
- To work individually with each resident to assist them with identifying and meeting their educational and professional goals.